Hi there hounds. My wife and I are traveling to Maui from DC the first week of August, spending three nights in Paia and five nights at the Ritz, to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We will be leaving the kids at home and looking for relaxing with great drinks and food. I have been following the boards for a couple of months, and have some ideas, but I would appreciate your thoughts on the following:
1. The most important question has to do with dinner on our anniversary. We will be at the Ritz and want to eat reasonably close, so that we can catch a shuttle back to the hotel or a not too expensive cab ride. Ambiance (including views) and food are rated equally. Good, flinty, single grower champagne is a plus. It seems that Merrimans is the best choice, but I'd like some validation.
2. Breakfast recs in Kapalua or Lahaina. Outdoor seating is a plus, as are good egg dishes (need that protein to kick start the day) and coffee.
3. We're going to spend one day beach hopping in Wailea and need a place for lunch.
4. We were planning on hitting Hali'imaile General Store for lunch, but not dinner. Is this a mistake?
5. Here are the other restaurants we would like to try. Any that we should strike? Add (especially local specialties)? Mama's Fish House, Da Kitchen, Sansei, Paia Fish Market, Banyan Tree, Anthony's Coffee, Paia Flatbread Co..
In terms of our preferences, we value good food of every type: local dives, five star tasting menus, and everything in between. We prefer friendly service to formal and while we love good wine we would probably be more impressed with house made cocktails. If you were coming to DC, we'd recommend: Restaurant Eve, Two Amys, Rays the Steaks, Joe's Noodle House, Four Sisters, Lebanese Butcher, La Caraquena, Palena, City Zen, the PX, Pho 75, Ray's Hell Burgers and Sushi Ko.
Hope this is enough to go on and thanks in advance!
2439 S Kihei Rd Ste 107A, Kihei, HI 96753
1 Ritz Carlton Dr, Lahaina, HI
Mama's Fish House
Paia HI, Paia, HI
Paia Fish Market
2A Baldwin Ave, Paia, HI 96779
69-201 Waikoloa Beach Dr Ste F5, Waikoloa, HI 96738
Updated 3 months ago | 22
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 29 days ago | 85
Updated 1 month ago | 14
Updated 7 hours ago | 26