Let me start off by saying that last time I was in Maui and Oahu that food was awful (this was 20 years ago). So awful, that in fact, I've never been able to eat Philipino food since. This trip, however, was able to regain my confidence about eating here. I had fantastic meals, mostly. Lots to choose from.
1. Cafe Sauvage. New owners whose daughter is now the chef, mentored with the previous chef and they have kept a lot of the same menu but have some additions. The food was fantastic. My favorite of the trip. We started with asparagas soup, my mother had the local catch (Butterfish) and I had the seared tuna. This is the best seared tuna I've ever had. Desserts were great as well. Really, really nice folks and our waiter was great. My mom won't stop talking about it.
2. Cafe O'Lei. Went here our first night. Perfect view of the sunset, no crowds, great food, great service. We shared a salad with fried Taro strips on top and shared the local catch. Really good.
3. Feast of Lele. Fantastic time here. Great service. Great show. Great food. Great view. I think it was worth the $99/pp. Just the right amount of portions per course. We asked for the wine pairings. A little too gourmet for my mom but I loved it. And, I can't stand buffets.
4. Warren and Annabelle's magic show. We got the mixed appetizer plates and drink package. This was a lot better than I anticipated. Definately worth it. Lots of fresh greens with it. I'm not easily fooled into having a good time but I am now a "raving fool" of this show. I was laughing so hard I was in tears.
5. Sansei in Kapalua. 50% off thursdays and fridays after 10 for karaoke. 25% every night before 6pm. We did the second discounted option. A small line formed by 5:30pm, we were promptly seated and the place got packed very quick. Fantastic food. We got mainly what was on the board behind the sushi bar which was really the plates (not so much sushi) that they are famous for. Some of it was simply sublime.
6. Cannery Mall- some mexican restaurant in the corner had $1 taco tuesdays. Good chicken tacos- can't beat the price. Kinda bumbed we didn't go to the Aloha Mixed Plate across the street and never made it there. Next time.
7. Kapalua Bay Hotel Poolside cafe. We were hungry, hoping Sansei was open for lunch and someone in the shops recommended this place. Total rip off and were treated like crap. Not a good combo. We shared a $14 tuna sandwich with stale bread and cold fries. A ton of mayo- gross. With one tropical drink the bill came to $30.