I had a wonderful and utterly delicious Cantonese dinner at 'Maple Yip' ( Look Yu ) Restaurant at the SE corner of Sheppard/Midland. Our party of 10 ordered a la carte and had the following dishes:
- Soup of the day
- Sauteed live 'head-on' BC spotted prawns with minced garlic and Maggi sauce.
- Fried pepper salt soft shell crabs.
- Steamed fresh 2 lbs 'Strawberry Garoupa' with ginger and scallions.
- Stir fried conch meat with king mushroom, yellow chives and snap pea.
- Sha-Tin style roast pigeons.
- Steamed herbed fish sauce marinated free range chicken.
- Stir fried beef with Chinese broccoli.
- Water spinach with chili and preserved bean curd.
- Fook Kin fried rice.
- Complimentary red bean dessert.
The seafood, we paired with an Alsace Gewurztraminer and an off-dry German Riesling. The meat dishes with a California Zinfandel. No BYOB corkage fee!!
The bill comes to $25 per person all inclusive! What a deal! A must-try for Chowhounds who love authentic Cantonese style cuisine. Reservation a must for the weekend and try to reserve main ingredients eg., live prrawns, pigeons etc.,
by Chowhound Editors | The basic fried egg sandwich is a great dish in its simplicity. But we can't help tweaking, hacking...
by Pamela Vachon | After the New York Times notoriously published an article in May of last year lambasting the Aperol...
by Joey Skladany | Summer has officially arrived and temperatures are climbing way too high in many places. If the thought...