Having eaten amazingly well on my first visit to SF last year, I'm looking to fine tune my follow up visit next week with your help:
1. Last time I did Yank Sing. This time its either Tom Kiang or Hong Kong Flower Lounge. And if the latter is superior, which one - Milbrae or Geary/16th? My goal is deliciously funky or exotic dim sum. Doesn't matter if its upscale or down.
2. For bahn mi, would you recommend Wrap Delight or Little Paris, or somewhere else? (I had bahn mi overload last year at Saigon Sandwich and want to try someplace new).
3. I enjoy eating in gorgeous old-world rooms and to that end am spying the Garden Court at the Palace Hotel (possibly for Sunday brunch) and Grand Cafe at Hotel Monaco. My guess is that Grand Cafe trumps on food. Any other contenders?
4. Is this a good time of year to head over to Sam's Anchor Cafe in Tiburon?
5. Last time I walked by Trattoria Cantadina and thought: what a perfect-looking neighborhood place. How's the food?
6. Burrito-wise, I'm looking for something out of the ordinary and great (if such a thing exists in the world of the burrito). Size doesn't matter.
7. Is Burma Superstar really all that? (By the way, I like it HOT)
Will definitely try Swan's Oyster Depot.
Will definitely return to Chez Panisse Cafe.
Will definitely eat well no matter what.