This is an excellent bread pudding. The recipe belonged to my mother and it is a winner. The ingredients are
1loaf of sliced brown bread
1 litre of skimmed milk
2 tbsp custard powder
3 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
orange or tangerine zest
1 tbsp brandy
2 to 3 tbsp butter
1. cut bread into small cubes and soak in milk.
2. add all the dried fruit and the orange or tangerine zest
3. beat eggs and pour into bread mixture
4. mix custard powder with some water and add to mixture
5. sift cocoa and to pudding
6. add brandy
7. add one tbsp of butter and mix thoroughly
8. pour bread pudding into buttered dish and dot the pudding with the rest of the butter
9 cook in a slow oven at 150 degrees celsius for about 20 to 30 minutes until pudding is set.
enjoy warm or cold.