We are in Philadelphia for many weekends and always have at least one byo dinner while there. Matyson has become our favorite go-to (love the fact that they take reservations), but we also enjoy Melograno, Mercato, Porcini, and La Castagna. We've also tried and liked Fork, Buddakan, Lacroix, Vietnam and other non-byos. Now we look to you to help us find something new. Here's what we are looking for this weekend:
1. Innovative, consistently good, "non-precious" food - Lacroix-style presentation is not what we're after.
2. Comfortable and quiet. This time around, the tight seating and noise levels of Mercato or Porcini won't work - we really need a little privacy.
3. Location - anything downtown/Old Town or a brief cab ride away will do.
4. Price is no object, and corkage instead of byo would be ok.
5. Cuisine - Anything but Central American/Tex Mex would be fine. Prefer light fare with emphasis on seasonal ingredients rather than hunk-o-meat and potatoes.
6. Not impossible to get a seat this weekend!
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 6 months ago | 6
Updated 1 day ago | 49
Updated 16 days ago | 25
Updated 1 day ago | 40