I'm new to the Bay Area, and haven't established any favorites yet. I live in Daly City, and can get most anywhere in the bay area. I'm looking for recommendations in the following categories:
1) The restaurant with the best hospitality. This is a place you keep coming back to because you love the owners and the food. For me, that place is Matteo's DeliCafe in Pacific Grove, but that's too far for dinner now that I've moved up here. Any ethnicity of food is fine, but it has to be a place where you walk in, and you know you're with family.
2) Thai Food. Rich creamy Tom Ka Kai, and curry dishes where they're not skimping on anything. (You know the ones when they bring the food and you go oooooooooh, instead of oh.)
3) An amazing Greek Salad.
4) Carribean influence. (love that, with the fruit and the spice)
5) BART gems: If there are any fantastic (mid-price) restaurants in quick walking distance from a BART stop, that would be good to know too.
6) Inexpensive, Hispanic-style produce market with outstanding variety. I had several of these in Salinas, but don't know any up in the Daly City area yet.
Thanks, fellow Chow Hounds. If anyone is heading to Monterey County, feel free to ask me for references. I lived there for more than 20 of the last 30 years: You say "what" and I'll tell you "where" if it's down there.