I've done a lot of entertaining this week, and have enough food to feed, oh, 40 people in my fridge. Unfortunately most of it is salads. Can I freeze any of these items, or do something to them to make them freezable?
1. Sauteed kale and chard
2. curried rice salad, with yogurt sauce and fresh tomato/onion topping (which I could probably scrape off)
3. pasta salad (dressed in vinaigrette... with tomatoes, basil, cheese)
4. Leftover warm (now cold) cabbage and chicken salad (red cabbage, carrots, fennel, radicchio, red onion, pear, chicken, walnuts, in balsamic vinaigrette, that was briefly sauteed to wilt the cabbage)
5. Leftover shredded veggies (red cabbage, carrots, fennel, radicchio), raw and plain
6. Roasted vegetables (cauliflower, onions, potatoes)
What makes something freezeable? Can I turn things into a quiche or frittata and freeze that? I'm most concerned about the leftover shredded veggies (probably 10+ cups worth), and curried rice salad (12 cups??). Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.