Just a quick report on my trip to Vegas from 2/12-2/19 (we got stranded in Vegas trying to get back to VA). We had some great and some not so great experiences eating in Las Vegas. Money was not an issue for us but food quality definately was. Here are the highlights and low points of our trip:
1) LOS - absolutely fantastic meal. Loved the sour sausage w/crispy rice. Would eat this everyday if possible. Had a great special which was sea bass in a spicy sauce (I have no idea exactly what was in the sauce). We also had a suprisingly great bottle of wine. Tried dessert and it was only o.k.
2) In and Out Burger - missed this place since my last trip out west. Pretty darn good burger, o.k. fries. Great prices.
3) Star Canyon - yes, expensive. Meal was great. Service was attentive. Bone in pork chops w/chipotle bbq sauce. Wine list great too but very expensive.
4) Spago- I know, not very chowhoundy, but the butter w/goat cheese that was served w/the bread basket was fantastic. Everything else was o.k. They have a great mango flavored iced tea.
Low Points/Mixed Reviews
1) Eating at Fiesta casino in Henderson. Guardanos was closed so we ate at another restaurant. Had food poisening the next day. Maybe not from that meal but the timing was right.
2) Noodles in Bellagio - Overpriced, overrated. Ordered the chef's special which turned out to be a steamed chicken breast, some broth, and soy sauce. Not worth $20 (or even $10 in my opinion).
3) J. C. Wooloughan (JW Marriott in Summerlin)- mixed review. Service was terrible. Fish and chips were great. My husband ordered the Chieftan's pie (the special). Tasted like a quiche - nothing like the pie's we ate in England. The pub is really cool and the beers are great.
Would go back to Vegas just to eat at LOS and see another Cirque du Soleil show!