Macarons are an interesting conveyance for flavor.
In order of preference
- rose - well-modulated intensity of flavor. makes other ethnic rose flavored desserts appear overdone. probably the best representation of rose flavors in food that I've had to date.
- lime basil - flavors blended very well, easily identifiable perfectly melded. lovely entry and persistent aftertaste. great length of flavor probably from the slight tartness.
- coffee - lovely, slightly too sweet
- unknown - vegetal like a cucumber or a lightly flavored honeydew
- salted caramel - lovely
- raspberry - true to type, tastes like fresh raspberry preserves, slightly too sweet.
- vanilla - like cake batter flavored with vanilla bean, slightly too sweet.
- pistachio - true to type, but i feel many other ethnic persian desserts have similar intensity of flavor
They probably had suffered from 12 hr of air travel. Texture was still relatively good. Interested in other recommendations for macaron flavors. Macarons are an interesting conveyance for flavor in comparison to ice cream (dairy based).