I need a reliable Italian restaurant (downtown preferred) that is solid from front to back with food, wine and service.
However, there are some caveats / stipulations:
- This is a reservation for 6 people on a Friday night. (need to make the reservation in about 5 days for Nov. 8th.)
- We've been to Babbo, loved it ... but looking for something a little more reasonably priced and that doesn't feature organ meat as it's specialty. La Nonna used to be our go to, but it has since closed. (yes?)
- I think Il Mulino is one of the most overpriced / overrated restaurants in the country.
- Da Umberto is great (in my opinion) but a little too upscale for this crew. Looking for something "homey".
- N. Italian or S. Italian ... doesn't matter.
That's it ... I would appreciate any / all advice, thanks so much.