1. Stayed at the Grand Wailea. Would not recommend any of their restaurants. $25 Breakfast Buffet that could be had at a Holiday Inn for $14
2. Sarento's (at the Best Western). I know it is shocking to find a fine dining restaurant at a BW, but the food was amazing. Italian using native products (Mushrooms from the Big Island, etc). Service was very attentive.
3. Roy's in Kihei (sp?) It is in the Safeway shopping center and the inside of the restaurant had the mini-mall feel. Food was good, but not as good as expecteed. Excellent Chocolate Souffle (less souffle than flourless chocolate cooked to order).
4. Mamma's Fish House. Best Overall Food with service that matched. Nice use of island seafood. Shrimp Wontons and crab cakes are not to be missed. Fresh warm HI bread.
5. Nicks Fish Market at the Fairmont. Nice location with good starters. Great Butterleaf Lettuce Wedge with goat cheese and rasher thick bacon. Top notch Lobster Bisque. Mediocre Service Same owners at Sarento's.
If you can find them, you must try Big Island Candies.
Mac Nut Shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate had us scouring local stores for it.
Updated 1 year ago | 9
Updated 20 days ago | 28
Updated 10 days ago | 63
Updated 17 hours ago | 16
Updated 22 hours ago | 22