I will be in town for a 3 day visiting from LA mid of October. This is my first time in about 8 years that I visit NY again and I was hoping for 3 particular recommendations:
1)special dinner: for one of the nights I would like to have a really good "only in NY" kind of dinner. Just tried to make reservations at Babbo, but, of course, it was fully booked. I know that NY has an incredibly wide array of various restaurants and foods so it won't be easy to just recommend one place. So to make it easier here are some more limiting factors:
- Not looking for French, Japanese or Chinese cuisine, but rather Italian or American, but I am very open to any alterantive
- Should not be too formal (hence my initial choice of Babbo - the qulaity of food should prevail
- and something rather unique to NY
- area: I am flexible on this one. we are staying at the Hudson Hotel, but I don't necessarily want this to be a limiting factor in this choice
- and it will probably be Sunday night
2) more casual drinks and dinner: on Saturday we have tickets to Carmen at the NY Met, which ends at around 5:30. I was thinking about having some drinks and dinner while exploring the area. As I wanted to stay a little flexible, I was thinking about not making reservations. Any recommendations regarding drinks and dinner in the NY Met area?
3)Breakfast/Brunch: While I am usually OK with just some coffee for breakfast, I was thinking about having some nice brunch on either Sunday or Monday. As mentioned above, we will be staying at the Hudson Hotel so it would be great to have something close to it for breakfast.
4) I know I said 3 recommendations, but while typing I changed my mind and am now am asking for a 4th one. Any good places for some drinks and maybe snacks/lunch around the Hudson Hotel. Or, and this might be asking for too much, any other 'must do' lunch/dinner spot that you would recommend to a hound from out of town who only has a total of 3 dinners and 2 lunches in NY?
Any help is very much appreciated.