Lunched at the Sagar Northern Indian restaurant chain's palatial outlet at the Palace of the Golden Horses, set amidst lush greenery and man-made lakes.
We ordered the ubiquitous North Indian staples:
- Tandoori chicken were smoky, perfectly baked with the meat still moist on the inside;
- Murgh Makhanwala (another chicken dish) was gingery-spicey - the thick, tasty gravy was a perfect accompaniment to the fragrant pilaf rice;
- Dhal Amritsari was buttery-smooth, the lentils were soft but retained the slightest grainy texture which Indian food connoisseurs treasured;
- Palak paneer was perfectly balanced - sweet, sour, salty, spicy - one of the best I'd had in a while;
- Vegetable pakoras were deep-fried till golden-crisp on the outside, delicious with the mint chutney dip;
- Cool cucumber raita calmed our palates after the fiery onslaught of the sharp, piquant curries;
- Garlic and plain naans were crisp, chewy & aromatic.
Not a single dish disappoint :-)
Sagar @ Palace of the Golden Horses
Jalan Kuda Emas, Mines Resort City
43300 Seri Kembangan
Tel: +603-8942 6677