Our older home has an over the range microwave that vents inside the house. Even though the vent is in good shape, it doesn't work all that well at capturing smells and it can't eliminate excess humidity. With our current set up, we need to keep a microwave over the stove, and we can't afford to redo everything anyway. An electrician who was over fixing something else suggested a ceiling vent next to the stove rather than removing the microwave and converting it to an outside vent. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!