My husband and I are rendezvousing with my sister and mother at the grandparent;s in KCMO. We visited last year and had a fantastic time trying OK Joes BBQ, Taqueria Camecuaro. We are looking for several things...
1. Good craft beers? A place that has a variety of interesting beers. Ideally not too yuppy of a crowd.
2. Mexican food: following the advice of _eat_shop_kansas_city_ we tried Taqueria Camecuaro and had great tacos. We live in London, a nearly entirely taco free zone, so this was a godsend. Where else would you recommend? Perhaps a place with more vegetarian options.
3. Quiet: a nice quiet place to take the older generations for lunch. My grandmother adores Andre s but it would be nice to have a few other suggestions.
4. BBQ: our trip to OK Joes last year was sublime. My husband who is vegetarian and unfamiliar with American measurements ordered a 'medium' side of beans. Unfortunately, this was a quart of beans and they had bacon. He politely spent the rest of the week eating around the bacon. Are there any BBQ joints that have top drawer meat and also less meat in their sides?
5. Arts District: We plan on returning to that nice letterset press in the arts district. If we were to combine that with a nice snack/light meal/much needed drink where would you suggest?
Updated 3 months ago | 3
Updated 3 months ago | 25
Updated 5 months ago | 7
Updated 20 days ago | 5
Updated 4 months ago | 0