My friend and I will be taking our first trip to Austin in late-July. We will be spending a weekend there having fun and then I will be there by myself Monday and Tuesday doing research at the LBJ Library. Uchiko is definitely on my list and hopefully I can get a reservation for the Saturday night.
We are likely going to be staying Downtown, most likely at the Sheraton. We will have a car.
We will also be looking for:
1. A delicious Tex-Mex spot...bonus points if it has great margaritas
2. A place to dine Friday night when we get in late (we land around 8:30pm). I was thinking maybe a great food trailer or something...which leads to my next question.
3. Food trailers! I live in DC where we have just started to experience the joys of food trucks. I hear Austin is the promised land for this type of cuisine. I would love the names of some of the best food trucks/trailers. I also hear there are trailer park-type places where a bunch of trucks are...that seems like a fun thing to do maybe for lunch or Friday night.
4. A great Sunday brunch spot.
5. Good lunch ideas near the LBJ library.
6. Really good, innovative restaurants where I would feel comfortable dining at by myself on Monday and Tuesday night.
7. Lunch spots near Zilker Park.
A few notes: I am an adventurous eater. I'm the one out of the 2 of us that is VERY into food. My friend is less adventurous but appreciates a good meal. She likely will leave it up to me where we should go to eat. We also are not looking to blow a ton of money on these meals, so anything from cheap eats to moderately priced would be good.
We are 2 woman in our early-30s who like to have fun but are definitely not into the frat party type scene. Any suggestions for cool bars where we can listen to good music but isn't too college-centric would also be appreciated.
I know this is A LOT of questions so I very much appreciate your help. I can't wait to check out Austin.