1) Texas Original BBQ (on 14th) is gone. A new sign proclaims "Chef Willie's BBQ and Fish" but the windows are all papered up.
2) There's a "JJ's Fish" place at 14th and Jefferson. Lots of fried food, not just fish. Looked okay. No takeout menus.
3) Two places I have *never* seen before at 15th and Jefferson, just on the other side of the state building: Aji's (something) and Annie's Cafe. Looks like they've both been there a while. The first has some decently priced Japanese options (like teriyaki/rice/salad for $5), and was packed at 11:45. It also had some limited Filipino options, I think. The second is a plain sandwich shop, didn't look too closely. Both have been there for a while, I just never go so far west.
4) M&O fried chicken (17th+Telegraph) has been open for a while now. $4 sandwiches, today's special was a "malaysian fried chicken".
5) Chef Edwards (my destination after finding Texas was closed) was still open, original location. I asked, and they're closing Nov 19th and reopening just across the street -- not at 16th and Clay -- Dec 15th.