I finally went to the Jamaican Dutchy Cart yesterday for lunch. It's probably one of the cooler carts I've ever been to, its very big, has a big jamaican flag on it and a flatscreen TV on it playing videos of the Bolt (that Jamaican gold medalist).
Anyhow, I got a few things:
- jerk chicken: this was good, it was nice and tender although i thought it'd be more tender when i was thinking about it, but it was still tender and spiced well; btw i got the spicy sauce which is quite spicy (kind of builds you and you realize halfway thru your meal that its getting pretty spicy)
- oxtail: this was good although the version at the yvonne yvonne truck is better. It's not really on the bone anymore as most of it has fallen off and it almost turns into a stew. It's pretty tender and tasty.
- rice and beans: these were standard, not awesome not bad
- cabbage: good, pretty simple, but tasty
- plantains: excellent, they were almost burnt, but i really liked it b/c they were almost sorta crispy on the outside, very tasty
- spicy beef patties: pretty standard, but good although it wasn't really spicy
Overall, I thought it was good and definitely an interesting cart and worth trying out.