I've read what I could find in the archives, but I still want to try a jar of blackberry jam that is unsealed. I got this as a gift a couple years ago. When I took it out of the pantry today, I found it wasn't sealed. It smells good, looks good, there is no sign of mold. I live in a high humidity climate and from what I read, that causes seals to break. On the USDA website, they said to smell and check for mold. And, they say that sugar is a preservative, and it seems that there is no chance of botulism in my jam. What do you think? Maybe I could recook it? Or would you use it as is?