Chowhound Presents: Table Talk with Nadine Levy Redzepi of Downtime: Deliciousness at Home | Ask Your Questions Now ›

Restaurants & Bars

Outer Boroughs Italian Help Me Identify

Help! What is this Italian Cookie Called?


Restaurants & Bars 1

Help! What is this Italian Cookie Called?

Jackie | Sep 1, 2004 12:50 PM

Hello all -
I recently had some GREAT italian cookies I bought in a bakery on my visit to Canada, however in my delight I forgot to ask what the cookies were called, and I need to know so I can find them locally again:

They were small and circular, brown with almond and chocolate, they were a little chewy but kind of reminded me of a biscotti texture, and the chocolate on top was like a powdered sugar only with a slightly thicker consistency.

Imagine a circle with a large "V" written in it, with it touching the edges - the chocolate covered the outer edges of the V, and the inside of the V would have been the lighter brown of the cookie.

I know this is a long shot but if anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it!


Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound