Hi all -
I'm hoping for some quick advice. I need to make dinner reservations for a business dinner a week from tonight. Details: 10-15 people, Midtown (east, preferably), price isn't a factor but I'd prefer to avoid pre fixe menus or anything obnoxiously expensive as my company is not the one paying for the dinner; preferably with a private back room, good wine selection, great service; not a steakhouse, Italian or Continental. The perfect place would have all of the foregoing as well as a number of pasta options. Artisanal options a plus.
I'm waiting to hear back from Alto and won't know for a couple of days. In the meantime, I'd like to make some backup reservations.
My current thoughts (aside from Alto):
* L'Impero (downside is that a group of us at work ate here this past fall; meal was amazing)
* Felidia (have never been there; have heard great things)
* JoJo (a little further north than I'd like)
* The Modern (no pasta, but the private dining room looks amazing and the entrees are varied enough that everyone can find something)
* Mia Dona (I was there once and wasn't wowed with the food but the location is right, the menu is varied enough and the service was great; this is probably too casual for us, though)
* Lever House
Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!