I will be coming for a family event and have had a list going from family and me of things I need to buy (wondering if Friday or Saturday is a better time to come):
1. Ontario lamb - youngish, half or cuts (I have had luck occasionally at Fortino's but am wondering if anywhere else). A family memeber gave me the name of a butcher in one of those warehouse type places where that's all they do and they had tons of meat laying out/hanging, but it looked old and had an off smell. I had to run out of the place.
2. Fish from Greece or Italy - Whole fresh fish; have had occasional luck at SeaCore but the smell in there is so strong. Any place else for these hard to find treasures?
3. Goat - Halves and ....wait for it...heads!
4. Norwegian organic salmon
5. Grass fed beef or other organic meat - Not Healthy Butcher please
6. HIgher quality pork - a la Berkshire, hormone free
7. Tropeo Onions - The long, red fresh ones and other European veggies. They asked for those small fryer peppers that are about the size of a finger, sweet and you flash fry. In Italian they are called friarello.
Thanks! I bet I'll have to preorder some of these items.
The Healthy Butcher
565 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5V, CA
Updated 2 years ago | 5
Updated 2 days ago | 26
Updated 8 days ago | 32
Updated 11 days ago | 25
Updated 4 days ago | 38