Cooking brunch for 30 next Sunday. Want to do a main dish with eggs, but I'm looking for elegant/different alternatives to the traditional frittata, quiche and eggs benedict. Maybe a rustic tart or crostada.
Menu items I'm considering:
- Melon Carpaccio -- paper thin slices of melon with a mince of fresh rosemary, drizzled with EVOO (the Lime from Stonehouse is wonderful), cracked pepper
- Mini croissants with homemade butter and marmalade
- Roasted creamers or Finns with onions, garlic and pan-fried slices of Meyer lemons (ala Mario Batali)
- Mimosas (would love to do Pink Grapefruit mimosas)
- Fresh Fruit Salad dressed with local honey
- Poached salmon (though I'm a bit bored with that, as well...any recs?)
- Roasted Asparagus
Any comments on the menu welcome, as well.
Thanks in advance.
tom in sf