This is an odd request, I know...
I will be needing 3.78, 4, or 5 litre containers for a school project.
They will be filled with water and kids will be throwing in paint, glue, sand, and other gunnky-gooey stuff.
- they need handles (like these
but not like these
- they must have mouths wider than 1.5 inch (the wider the better) and tight sealing tops, preferably screw tops
- they can be glass but plastic would be preferred, recyclable plastic would be a plus
- they must be transparent or semi-transparent, not tinted... well, clear enough so that the children can see what's happening inside
- they must be rectangular or otherwise "flat" body
I first checked Canadian Tire and a few other places for water containers but those plastic water tanks were so expensive at around $10-15 or more. Maybe because they are food grade plastic? I don't know but a bit beyond my budget... I need to get 8-10 and don't want to spend more than $100.
So I decided to go to grocery stores, thinking I should be able to find juice in such containers for less than $10 a gallon, maybe $5, and I get to drink juice.
However, orange juice containers were opaque, apple juice/cider and soy milk containers were either round or square and not too flat, and other juice containers didn't have handles.
So far I've only found Nestea, and I'm not a fan of sweetened tea.
If I can't find anything I'll do Nestea but I thought I'd ask here first to see if people can help me with my situation.
They can be juice, fruit punch, lemonade, unsweetened tea or coffee, maybe even salsa (I believe President's Choice sells salsa in those plastic jugs... but I think they come in 1 or 1.5 litres, not 4).
I will have them thoroughly washed prior to use but I still don't want to use motor oil or wind washer fluid containers; I want to stick with food/beverage containers just to be safe.
Updated 2 years ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 16 days ago | 2
Updated 4 months ago | 1