Eight of us gathered at Ichiro to sample their sushi.
Ichi-san, the main sushi chef at Ichiro, used to own Ichi Japon before he took a leave and went to Japan and other parts of Asia to cook for several years. He returned and set up a new, but very small, shop. The next door area was being converted to a dining area for a long time, and finally was done, so larger crowds could eat there.
- three Sashimi plates with hamachi (yellow tail), shiro maguro (albacore), hirame, maguro (tuna), and sake (salmon)
- garlic tuna maki (garlic, albacore)
- cherry blossom maki (salmon around avocado and tuna, topped with tobiko)
- poki maki (seaweed salad on top of spicy tuna)
- shiso ika (squid, cucumber, perilla leaf, plum paste)
.and possibly something I missed, but I think that was it. All told, the bill worked out just $12 apiece.
In traditional style, I will let others give their tongues up or tongues down before commenting...