Half look fine, half are moldy.
I used the recipe I've always used (3rd year in a row). Alcohol (in this case rum), pitted cherries layered with sugar along with some water. Went to check my jars today and half of them have mold on the top! (And, yeah, it is mold, not just oily scum or whatever.)
EEEEK. Can I try to skim off the mold, can I boil it, is it safe to drink, should I just THROW IT ALL (the moldy jars) OUT?!?
yeah i'm upset.
by Jen Wheeler and Kristin Cassidy | Welcome to Chowhound Recommends, Chowhound’s weekly series where our staff shares our favorite food...
by Jill Santopietro and Jen Wheeler | Healthy snacks are absolutely possible, but even the least processed granola bar at the grocery store...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.