Hello ! My husband and I are going to Japan in September to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We will be staying two days in Tokyo. We eat a lot of Japanese Sushi/Sashimi back in California but never tried Edo-mae styled sushi.
We would like to try a high end (or Michelin starred) sushi restaurant for dinner and was hoping anyone can help us to make the decision.
Here are our criteria's:
1. we like quality food but service and overall enjoyment/experience is also very important
2. Lots of Otsunami
3. Shari not too hard and dry
4. Budget is between 20000 yen - 27000 Yen (Dinner)
5. We love shell fish (Abalone, Shrimp, Mirugai etc)
6. Friendly environment (will allow us to take pictures)
7. I can read kanji so if the chef can speak a bit English then I think it should work out fine
Currently, I am looking at Sushisho Masa, Yoshitake, Sushi-ya.... I know everyone here in Chowhound are experts and would very much like to hear your inputs on these restaurants (or perhaps some other ones)