Hibiscus has been reviewed extensively down the board so I won't go into a blow by blow description of my recent experience but I will point out a few things that surprised me and a few things about the food.
First, the surprises.
1. It's a really big place - long and narrow and it just keeps going with a bar in front and one in back.
2. Wine list - very, very nice with extraordinarily fair pricing. Duckhorn Merlot $70. Amazing to find it, amazing it was less than $100.
3. Nice service - no snooty-ness at all.
4. Nice mix of clientele - young, old, very old.
1. Best single item in awhile - bbq quail appetiser. The quail was ok but the "onion ring cup" and the slaw with blue cheese/bacon bit dressing that the quail was placed on were ridiculously good.
2. Fried oysters are indeed stellar.
3. The Short rib wasn't - huge sucker, very tender and tasty.
4. Desserts are massive -the apple pie was excellent and big enough for 6.
Overall, thumbs up. I will go again.