On WGN Radio yesterday, Penny Pollack said Chicago Mag will soon do an article on "8 destination places in Chinatown."
Does anyone else want to play a game, called Guess the Restaurants?
I do not have all of them, but I suggest they will be:
- Hong Min and Phoenix, because Chicago has liked them forever.
- Penang because it is hip-feeling and easy to find (plus the food is quite good, but that is true of most of these)
- Shui Wah, because it is quite popular in the Chicago food community.
- Joy's Noodle because they are well marketed (and this is the exception when I said most of these places are quite good)
- Moon Palace because of the nice upscale atmosphere and Shanghai is hip right now.
I am at a loss for the last two, but I know my fellow hounds can fill in the blanks. My guess is they will be upscale-type places, or maybe another late night place, but no places come to mind.
Don't have a prize other than that we can post the answers and link back to the hound who is most in touch with Chicago Mag's tastes. Maybe that person can get a job doing research for the Mag, too.