Prior to going to the Vineyard this past weekend, I scoured this site and put up some queries of my own. Thanks to chowhound, my wife and I ate really, really well.
Some places to definitely check out:
* Graces Episcopal Church (VH) - only on Friday night, the church's volunteers sell delicious lobster rolls ($10 - you get a lobster roll, no filler!, drink and bag of chips) - we took our meal down to the dock and had an awesome meal with great views.
* Art Cliff diner (VH)- breakfast/brunch and lunch - you can do no wrong. The Mr. T fritatta and the fish tacos were incredible. Wait staff very pleasant and suggested we check out Sweet Life Cafe.
* Sweet Life Cafe (Oak Bluffs) - the corn soup was to die for, the carpaccio was delectable, the duck - top shelf and the tuna, great.
* The Bite (Menemsha) - I never really cared for fried clams, but these were out of this world! Very light batter. The calamari was really good, too.
* Atria (Edgartown) - another great and tasty spot. We had the duck and scallops.
This site was really helpful. Thanks all.