38 SuggestionsExpand Map
I am part of a new group named Fond of Goat that, as the name suggests, enjoys dishes which incorporate goat meat (frankly, we like many other things related to goats, but we are first and foremost a culinary group). We are interested in finding restaurants in the Bay Area that serve such dishes, either on a daily or periodic basis. To date we have identified the following:
- BBQ n Curry House* (Marin City) - variety of Pakistani goat dishes
- Coconuts Caribbean Restaurant* (Palo Alto) - goat curry
- Flavas Jamacian Grill (South San Francisco) - goat curry
- Mamacita (San Francisco) - Barbacoa de Chivo tacos
- Muguboka* (San Francisco) - Korean Black Goat stew
- Oliveto (Oakland) - periodic goat dinners
- One Market* (San Francisco) - periodic goat dinners
- Osteria Stellina* (Pt. Reyes Station) - roasted goat shoulder (periodic)
- Pepe's Mexican Restaurant (Santa Rosa) - birria (Saturday and Sunday only)
- San Jalisco* (San Francisco) - birria, seca and calda (Friday, Saturday and Sunday only)
- Sweet Fingers (San Leandro) - goat curry
- Taste of the Himalayas* (Sausalito) - Nepali goat curry
The restaurants marked with an asterisk are those which our members have actually tried. Happily, we found all of them excellent, with the exception of One Market where we had a disappointing dinner at one of their Weekly Beast events.
We would appreciate any recommendations of restaurants other than those which are on the above list (or any comments on those we have not yet visited). For more information about F.O.G., including reviews of the restaurants we have visited, see our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FondOfGoat.
by Pamela Vachon | So you’re trying to heat things up, are you? In one hand you have a bottle of cayenne, in the other...
by Vanessa Simmons | Some people read recipes and think, “that sounds delicious! I’ll make it tonight after work and the...
by Amanda Balagur | Whether you dabble in collecting recipes or consider yourself a cookbook connoisseur, it can be a...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.