Cooking the fish on top of the vegetables is an effective way to add loads of flavor.
Servings: 2 Total time: 55 min Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 45 min
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into large chunks
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into large chunks
200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, cut into wedges
150 g shallots (6 pieces), halved
4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 tsp coarse sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
4 tbs olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
900 g gilt-head bream (2 x 450 g) whole, scaled and gutted
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 lemon, thinly sliced
Fresh rosemary and thyme
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
25 g whole walnuts, toasted
1. Tip all of the vegetables into a roasting tray, season with salt and pepper. Pour over 4 tbs olive oil and toss together. Roast for 20 mins at 220°C until starting to soften.
2. Pat the fish dry with kitchen paper, then slash the skin on both sides with a sharp knife.
3. Season the inside of the fish, then stuff with the lemon slices and half of the herbs.
4. Place on top of the vegetables, drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil, scatter with the rest of the herbs, then roast for 20-25 minutes at 220°C.
5. Lift the fish and half of the vegetables onto a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Spoon the rest of the vegetables and most of the juice from the roasting tray into a food processor. Add the vinegar and walnuts, blend until smooth.
Serve the fish with the vegetables and sauce.
by David Watsky | Amazon has announced its list of best food and cookbooks of the year...so far, as chosen by their...
by Marisa Olsen | Instant Pots are a fabulous invention. They make that everlasting “What should I make for dinner...
by Jen Wheeler, Christine Gallary, and Amy Wisniewski | Next to a hearty grilled cheeseburger, steak, or rack of ribs, leafy green salads can feel too dainty...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.