Cooking the fish on top of the vegetables is an effective way to add loads of flavor.
Servings: 2 Total time: 55 min Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 45 min
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into large chunks
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into large chunks
200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, cut into wedges
150 g shallots (6 pieces), halved
4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 tsp coarse sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
4 tbs olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
900 g gilt-head bream (2 x 450 g) whole, scaled and gutted
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 lemon, thinly sliced
Fresh rosemary and thyme
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
25 g whole walnuts, toasted
1. Tip all of the vegetables into a roasting tray, season with salt and pepper. Pour over 4 tbs olive oil and toss together. Roast for 20 mins at 220°C until starting to soften.
2. Pat the fish dry with kitchen paper, then slash the skin on both sides with a sharp knife.
3. Season the inside of the fish, then stuff with the lemon slices and half of the herbs.
4. Place on top of the vegetables, drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil, scatter with the rest of the herbs, then roast for 20-25 minutes at 220°C.
5. Lift the fish and half of the vegetables onto a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Spoon the rest of the vegetables and most of the juice from the roasting tray into a food processor. Add the vinegar and walnuts, blend until smooth.
Serve the fish with the vegetables and sauce.
by Kelsey Butler | Nostalgia is a factor not to be discounted when it comes to food, and these five holiday staples sometimes...
by David Klein | Mail order cookies, cakes, pies, and other sweet treats are better (and more prolific) than ever...