Let me make sure I've got this right, I don't want to mess things up:
- We shall be dressed appropriately of course with sportcoat and tie, but not too flashy.
- And we'll ask for John Fontenot (not Gilbert) as our waiter.
- Then we'll sit down and tell John that a menu won't be necessary, thank you very much.
- We'll order a healthy cocktail (or two) before the meal.
- We'll make sure we try the oysters brochette & the shrimp remoulade as appetizer.
- We'll let John select the fish for us, and we'll aks him real nicely if he could have them put a little dab of crabmeat on top of that pompano or trout for us please.
I love this place already and I haven't even eaten a bite yet. My only question is this - For a Friday lunch, at what time do I need to queue up to assure myself of a table for two downstairs?
PS - Congrats on that Sugar Bowl! Sorry about Michigan's wretched performance against USC, maybe you can take it out on 'em in the Orange Bowl next year.