Abbylovi, Dennison and I met up with those funky FB guys and came up with a modified version of one of their chinese new year menus. Not only are we excited about the menu, we're all very excited about meeting up with our fellow chowhounds and I believe you'll be rewarded with some delicious chow. For those of you 'on-the-fence' about joining us, there is still some space, so don't be left out if you want to partake in some of this good stuff. Contact Abbylovi at email@example.com to confirm. Here's the menu.
- marinated goose intestine
- crispy squab
- prawns with walnuts (and mayo)
- dried scallop, bamboo pith & seafood soup
- abalone with oyster sauce
- special funky broome twin lobster*
- crispy chicken with preserved vegetables
- stir fried norwegian fish filet with minced pork & shredded snow peas
- pea shoots with salted eggs & 1,000 yr old eggs
- seafood fried rice (Dennison's favorite)
- braised e-fu noodles with black mushrooms
- sago with coconut milk (dessert)
- fresh fruit
* Our FB guy Sam was especially enthusiastic about this new FB twin lobster dish. According to his somewhat cryptic description, it contains lobster, minced pork, in a "special FB brown sauce", all atop broad noodles with XO sauce. Maybe I misinterpreted it, but either way, it sounds like a winner. We'll see on Saturday.