Cookware 18

My frying pan does not have a flat bottom

Reston | Apr 2, 2008 08:55 AM

Is there a way to level a frying pan on the burner when the pan is not exactly flat? A couple of my pans have a convex (bumps out at the middle) bottom. Is there a device that I can put on the burner to help stabilize the pan? I vaguely remember a wire thing that used to be put on electric burners to keep glass coffee pots slightly off the burner, and I thought something like that might help, but I have no idea where to find one.

Any suggestions?

Want to stay up to date with this post?