I'm a longtime Chowhound reader from Boston (and I just moved to Seattle a few months ago, so now I'm a Seattleite hound). My boyfriend and I will be in DC this week, and both sets of our parents will be there too. We're all getting together for dinner this Friday (first time the parents are meeting each other! eeek!)--can anyone recommend a good place for dinner?
Some requirements for the restaurant:
* in DC (or near subway--we're staying in Dupont Circle)
* not too busy (ie, we can get a reservation this week, or we don't need a reservation)
* not too expensive (preferably under $20-25 pp)
* not too loud so we can have a conversation, and the restaurant won't mind if we hang around a bit (but with my parents from liberal NJ and his parents from conservative Michigan/Texas, conversation might not be a good thing!)
* not too "weird" or trendy for the parents (I know DC is known for its Ethiopian food, but that might be a bit too unusual for all of the parents)