Our delivery last week was a complete disaster. If the mishap wasn't so bad and inconvenient, it would almost be comical. Out of maybe slightly more than a dozen items ordered (multiple orders of the same item, in instances), I think five were problems:
- the fresh orange juice cap came off, thereby leaving a trail of spilled juice,
- the frozen orange juice container broke and messed up the contents of the bag that held it,
- the 1 quart yogurt container broke, again spilling its contents in the box,
- a glass jar of tomato sauce broke in the box, which required individually inspecting each of the other nine jars for stray glass as well as cleaning off the spilled sauce
- a one gallon jug of spring water somehow leaked and dripped water on the wood floor of the apartment
SO received the package and told me what happened. I e-mailed Fresh Direct. They apologized and said said the transportation manager would respond. He got in touch with SO and agreed to refund us the cost of the damaged items and issue a $100 credit for our next order. As we were only intermittent Fresh Direct customers and didn't plan to use the service again after such an awful experience, the $100 credit is of little use.
Have others had similarly poor experience with Fresh Direct? I was pretty surprised as just how badly they messed up our order. In the past, maybe they omitted an item, which was a nuisance if you were counting on that particular item, but for them to have so much breakage and leakage in one order is pretty amazing.