If you have time and patience, I suggest you give this a try.... the total cooking time will be 3 - 3.5 hours. The first 3 hours @ 275*. Then the last 20-30 minutes @ 450 to brown the skin can use convection to aid in browning
1. Season and truss the bird, in the morning or a day before
2. Return to the refrigerator uncovered
3. Remove from the refrigerator one hour prior to roasting
4. Place the trussed bird in a V-Rack in a shallow roasting pan
5. You can rotate the bird if you wish, but I do not...just breast side up. The trussed bird makes it easier to rotate
6. If you want to roast potatoes, add them @ 1.5 hours into the shallow pan
7. You will get very nice pan juices for gravy with this method consider that if you desire crispy potatoes, or potatoes in the pan juices.
Never use Convection with primary roasting, regardless of temperature used. Use it only for the high heat blast to crisp the skin. fourunder Nov 26, 2014 10:44 PM
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Dan Koday | Unbreakable glasses, plates, and other stylish and shatterproof dinnerware is just what you need for...
by Simone Paget | Coolers have come a long way in the last few decades. Find a stylish cooler that fits your aesthetic...