I've lived in NYC for 7 years but rarely dine alone. I want to change that as sometimes I have a hankering for an excellent meal and my friends don't happen to always be available to dine last minute. I'd like to get a list of restaurants together that meet the following requirements:
1) Eat at the Bar available (preferably COMFY bar seats/stools rather than hard wood ones)
2) Excellent food - Prefer small bites to large dishes. Good wine options too.
3) Friendly bartenders and/or other single eaters around for conversation.
4) Not so crowded that I won't get a seat in the afternoon (btw 12 & 4).
5) Upscale, professional crowd - nice ambiance.
6) In Midtown (east or west is fine)
I'm a female in my late 20's but don't mind eating at a Steakhouse. Price is no object but expect food to be worth the cost.