I often wonder if food safety guidlines are even close to being accurate. I've been breaking food laws my entire adult life and havn't had so much as an upset stomach. I mean not ONE single time have I gotten sick?? Here's a few of my weekly or even daily sins.
* I enjoy my eggs sunny side up. The runnier the better.
* I grill my burger's med/rare. Even leaning a bit more towards the rare side on most occasions.
* I often thaw food on the kitchen counter.
* I keep eggs until the carton is empty, ignoring the expiration dates.
* I let my steaks warm to room temperature for a least an hour before they hit the grill.
* I've used the same marinade i've soaked meat in, to touch up the meat as it nears doneness on the grill.
* I believe the only way to enjoy a great steak is bloody rare.
* I've left grocerys in the car for a few hours on a cool day.
* I leave Pizza out all night long and eat it the next morning.
* I've ate leftovers 4 or even 5 days after they were cooked.
* I've refrozen meat.
And yet i'm still alive??? Am I just real lucky? OR is the food police a bit overzealous?