I've recently decided to venture past my known foods, and try something entirely new at least once a week. The rules are that even if I've had a something in a restaurant or a friend's house before, I've never made it myself. Since the New Year, I've tried for the first time:
1) Skate wing: Yum! Lots of cartilage though.
2) Delicata squash: Wow, tasty, and less work than butternut...
3) True cod: Hmm, not for me. I like oilier fish.
4) Ling cod: Tasty, but I prefer other fish.
5) Black cod: Wow! Have I been missing out!
6) Slow cooker chicken chili verde: OK. Chicken was kind of dry, but good flavor.
What have you experimented with recently?
by Anna Hecht | If you're looking for ways to save money this summer while still cooking out, these affordable grilling...
by Debbie Wolfe | If you've gone to the trouble of nurturing a vegetable garden, make sure to harvest it so you get...