I've recently decided to venture past my known foods, and try something entirely new at least once a week. The rules are that even if I've had a something in a restaurant or a friend's house before, I've never made it myself. Since the New Year, I've tried for the first time:
1) Skate wing: Yum! Lots of cartilage though.
2) Delicata squash: Wow, tasty, and less work than butternut...
3) True cod: Hmm, not for me. I like oilier fish.
4) Ling cod: Tasty, but I prefer other fish.
5) Black cod: Wow! Have I been missing out!
6) Slow cooker chicken chili verde: OK. Chicken was kind of dry, but good flavor.
What have you experimented with recently?
by Alyssa Jung | If you’re anything like us, Thanksgiving is your day. The chance to stuff yourself with juicy, perfectly...
by Emily Payne | Hosting Thanksgiving dinner can be stressful even for seasoned experts. It’s a complex task that takes...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.