For New Year's, my companion and I have ordered a menu and we are now looking to combine beverages with the courses of the menu.
Generally, we have an extensive wine cellar and also beverages outside of wine (such as champagne, spirits, etc).
If you could help suggest a potential list of good matches with one or more courses, that would be phenomenal.
We have no strong preferences in wine but would like to start with a champagne as aperitif at the very least (since it is New Year's).
My mind was thinking of something like an aperitif, a white wine, a red wine, and something to match with the dessert.
What do you think?
The menu is as follows (pictures are here: https://www.facebook.com/resta...sts/... )
* Lobster, couscous, crispy vegetables, lemon, dressing of apple curry
* Fish Soup (red mullet), mussels, clams, scallop, saffron potato - fennel - focaccia toast with rouille
* "Casserole" of grilled prawns and sea salted cod
* tomato - sweet peppers - stroganoff sauce
* "Mechelse" Cuckoo (poultry)
* cream and crisp salsify - pear stewed in red wine - gravy with cranberries
* "Tumbler" with chocolate and passion fruit
* Soesje - sponge cake - macaron - biscuits crumble