you're hosting a dinner party.
1. when, if at all, do you request information about food allergies or dislikes?
2. do you expect the guess to tell you without you asking?
3. does your response vary with the number of guests to be served?
4. on a buffet, do you label ingredients for major allergies, like "contains peanut butter"?
5. have you ever said you were "allergic" just because you didn't want something?
6. finally, have you ever had a guest with an allergic reaction to something you cooked?
edit based on linguafood's post: when you all were growing up, were there so many allergies? not in my neck of the woods. i'd never heard of them until i was pretty much an adult in the larger world.
were they just undiagnosed? geez, peanuts? gluten? a cross-look? you name it...
actually, literally, name it (if you care to list your allergies, do so).