We've been working on the load issues, and can't seem to reproduce them consistently. If some of you who are experiencing this problem could do us a favor, we would appreciate it. The instructions are a bit involved, unfortunately:
1. Please download and install Webkit Nightly Build (a version of Apple's Safari) for your OS: http://nightly.webkit.org/
2. Start Webkit, and immediately (without browsing to any other sites, or even the CHOW home), enter the URL of a page that has been causing you trouble. Let the page load completely. (However, if the problem only occurs when you are logged in, go ahead and log in).
3. Right-click (Windows) or CTRL-click (Mac) in the background of the page and choose "Inspect element". A window will appear.
4. In this new window, click the tiny arrow in the bottom left, so that the options "Console" and "Network" appear.
5. Click "Network". It will show you a bar graph.
6. Please take a screenshot (or multiple screenshots, if you have to scroll to fit the whole page), of this graph, including the dark gray area at the bottom.
* On Windows, use the Prnt Scrn key, open MSPaint, and paste the clipboard contents. Then save the file.
* On Mac, press CMD-shift-4, then press spacebar, then click in the window. The file will appear on your Desktop.
7. Please send the screenshots, and please include:
* the URL of the page
* whether you are logged in
* your Internet Service Provider
* operating system version
* whether you are behind a firewall
* whether you are behind a NAT
* the version of the browser you normally use
* whether the slowdown appeared in Webkit, or only in your normal browser
Thanks very much! Let's get this resolved.