Just got back from having dinner at Fireflys BBQ in Marlboro (rte 20). I had a slab of ribs and my wife had hobo salmon with grilled vegetables. Both the fish and the ribs were exceptionally flavorful and juicy. We also shared a salad and an appetizer of southern fried green tomatoes and fried pickles with a nice spicy dipping sauce.
I particularly liked the following:
- a condiment bar with assorted vegetables, pickles, and hot peppers
- a large selection of beers
- table service and a "wife friendly" menu that is rare for BBQ places
- several top notch barbecue sauces
- nearly 100 assorted hot sauces for the sampling from mild to very hot
- nice quality, portion size and value
The manager said that the Framingham location (Old Connecticut Path) is on target to open in early October. Unlike the Marlboro branch, Framingham will be open for lunch. I see this as a very nice addition to the barren MetroWest restaurant scene.