Haven't been in Tacoma in 7 years. Looking to find out if the following are still there and if not, good substitutes!
1) Little Holland, home of the Mikey burger
2) Frisko Freeze
3) bakery in Proctor District that I thought was near the public library there (Swasey Library?)
4) Mrs. Frisbee's bakery
5) little soup & sandwich place in Proctor District
6) great used book store that I think was called Mrs. Fielding's or Fielding's used book store
7) small old-fashioned soda fountain shop in Ruston not too far from Point Defiance -- they had a nice counter where they'd mix the vanilla and cherry cokes with seltzer
8) Korean restaurant in Lakewood somewhat near McChord AFB
9) A grocery store that was kind of upscale/gourmet food type thing also in Lakewood not too far from McChord
10) Last but not least -- there was a wine store that had great tasting sessions and I think it was not too far from Johnny's Seafood Market in Lakewood.
And -- if you have any suggestions re: good breakfast places, please pass on. Is it true that Southern Kitchen has closed and Lessie died?????
Thanks to all!
by Joey Skladany | Spring has officially sprung, which means it's out with the old and in with the new. And when it comes...
by Chowhound Editors | When it comes to March Madness food options, you can stick with a literal basketball theme, embrace...
by Sarah Spigelman Richter, Amy Sowder, and Jen Wheeler | Time to get crazy, people—March Madness is here! Scream at your players, cry at the lost chances...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.