Where to find a batticarne?


Cookware 1

Where to find a batticarne?

ApartmentDweller | Mar 11, 2010 05:05 PM

Several years ago, I spotted in Chef's Catalog an incredible tool. It was a batticarne (meat flattener) imported from Italy, but it was not the typical "hammer" types one usually sees. This one had two handles, and you placed the meat (chicken, veal, whatever) between two round flat plates, then when you pressed the handles together the two plates came together, flattening the meat! It was of course more expensive but certainly superior to the labor-intensive hammering method.

Alas, Chef's Catalog no longer carries this item, and I've looked around online (amazon, Williams-Sonoma, Sur La Table,, Crate and Barrel) and can't find one anywhere. Does anyone know where to buy one of these?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound