17 SuggestionsExpand Map
Hello, 3 of us are planning to visit DC over the memorial day weekend. We all love food, eat everything and are hoping to concentrate on stuff that DC does better. We have a plan and could use some help in critiquing it, as well as filling in gaps.
1. Thu late night: Reservations at Rasika
2. Fri lunch: TBD
3. Fri drinks: Reservations at barmini
4. Fri dinner: Reservations at Thip Khao
5. Sat lunch: Reservations for Blue Crabs at Quarterdeck (we considered Cantler's & LP Steamers but unfortunately, the logistics didn't work out)
6. Sat dinner: Reservations at Komi
7. Sun lunch: TBD
8. Sun dinner: Line up for Bad Saint. Just curious if someone can compare this to the likes of Ihawan, Tito Rad's, Papas Kitchen, etc. in NYC.
9. Mon lunch (memorial day): TBD
10. Mon dinner (memorial day): TBD
We'd love to add some Ethiopian and Vietnamese for sure since DC does it so much better than NYC. We are considering Chercher for Ethiopian & 4 Sisters/ Rice Paper for Vietnamese. Are they any good? Should we change them to something else?
What else should we try? Bolivian@Luzmary, Soul Food@Oohh's & Aahh's, Half-Smoke & Chili@Meats & Food? Any bar recommendations - cocktails, beer, etc? Some must try dessert?
Thank you all very much!!
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Hana Asbrink | My latest haul. Welcome to Chow...
by Dan Koday | You ever notice how a great marinade can instantly elevate what otherwise would end up as a pretty...
by Eric Silverstein | By Eric Silverstein Chef Eric Silverstein is the founder and owner of The Peached Tortilla in Austin...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.