Hello, 3 of us are planning to visit DC over the memorial day weekend. We all love food, eat everything and are hoping to concentrate on stuff that DC does better. We have a plan and could use some help in critiquing it, as well as filling in gaps.
1. Thu late night: Reservations at Rasika
2. Fri lunch: TBD
3. Fri drinks: Reservations at barmini
4. Fri dinner: Reservations at Thip Khao
5. Sat lunch: Reservations for Blue Crabs at Quarterdeck (we considered Cantler's & LP Steamers but unfortunately, the logistics didn't work out)
6. Sat dinner: Reservations at Komi
7. Sun lunch: TBD
8. Sun dinner: Line up for Bad Saint. Just curious if someone can compare this to the likes of Ihawan, Tito Rad's, Papas Kitchen, etc. in NYC.
9. Mon lunch (memorial day): TBD
10. Mon dinner (memorial day): TBD
We'd love to add some Ethiopian and Vietnamese for sure since DC does it so much better than NYC. We are considering Chercher for Ethiopian & 4 Sisters/ Rice Paper for Vietnamese. Are they any good? Should we change them to something else?
What else should we try? Bolivian@Luzmary, Soul Food@Oohh's & Aahh's, Half-Smoke & Chili@Meats & Food? Any bar recommendations - cocktails, beer, etc? Some must try dessert?
Thank you all very much!!