Hello, 7 of us will be visiting Austin over New Years. I had come last year and had a great time (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/904822)! We all are looking to do something similar :)
Obviously, BBQ and Mexican food are the top priorities and maybe one or two sit down dinners (last time it was Uchiko & La Condesa). I have come up with a potential list of places. I was looking for some feedback on those. Also, I have a few questions that I'd appreciate help with. Thank you!
> Dec 31st (Wed): This will be late night since we all fly in that day.
- Dinner: Gourdoughs@S. Lamar (they serve food from their 'Main Menu' till they close, right?)
* Other options: Veracruz All Natural@Radio Coffee & Beer OR Banger's on Rainey street OR one of the ESKs OR El Meson (this depends on whether our flight is on time)
> Jan 1st (Thu): This is the big problem right now since a lot of the places are closed (I checked Uchiko, Barley Swine, Stiles Switch, Louie Mueller, Franklin, LA & El Naranjo).
- Breakfast+Lunch: Tacos & stuff (Need to narrow this down to 2 places)
* I called both El Meson locations and the S. Lamar one said that they will be open but the other one said that they will be closed which makes me doubts if the former will be open or not.
* I want to try Veracruz All Natural but I'm not sure if they would be open or not, esp. the Radio Coffee & Beer location.
* Any other places should we consider?
- Dinner: No clue
> Jan 2nd (Fri):
- Breakfast+Lunch: Franklin
- Dinner: Barley Swine
> Jan 3rd (Sat):
- Breakfast+Lunch: Snow's@Lexington + Louie Mueller@Taylor
- Dinner: Mexican - Sit down Mexican (El Naranjo is closed for the week so Hencho En Mexico OR Polvos) OR Uchiko
> Jan 4th (Sun)
- Breakfast + Lunch: LA BBQ OR Brunch@Fonda San Miguel
* Dessert: Lick Ice Cream
* Tacos & stuff : Pinos, Mi Madres, Mi Ranchito, Taco More